Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Discussion of the drum circle in class-Sarah Nuber

What drew you into the experience? What drew you away from the experience?
This is in response to Kelly’s question that was asked in class today because I did not respond. The sound of the bigger drums really drew me in and kept me focused, and I just really like that sound. The sounds of the pots and pans were distracting to me because they were so loud and noticeable. Another thing that drew me away from experience was paying attention to what other people were doing and thinking I was out of rhythm. Switching instruments also threw me off because the guy next to me was really good at play the drum he had. When he passed it to me, I felt like the circle was missing that sound because I cannot play a big drum like that very well at all. When I hit the drum, it sounded much different then when the guy before had played it and the whole time I wanted to ask him how to hold it and how to hit it so I could play it better. I really like being in the circle and listening to everyone else play. Maybe one day I will learn how to keep rhythm better because the whole experience was relaxing for me and I can see it as being an even better experience if I got fully into it.

No comments: