Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Night of homelessness - Bryan Trumble

I lay there, only cardboard between me and the moist soil, the grass pressed down into the earth. I starred up at the sky, feeling a connection through my body and mind. I felt as though I was one with nature and in being so I was linking the earthen nature to the starry celestial heavens through my experience and thoughts. Everyone around me sleeping and silent, I felt in tune and in touch with nature, as one of her own, not a person but a human. The more I lay in nature’s arms the smaller I felt. Mother Nature seemed to be nurturing me, allowing me to realize that while I still mattered I was no more special and no less special that the rest of life on earth. The clouds began to move and the stars appeared to flicker in the sky. Soon the wind sped up and the breeze smoothly shuffled the stars out of the sky covering them with the plum colored clouds. I soon fell back asleep after pulling my arms into my shirt for warmth. As I dozed off the second time I began to dream. I have no strong recollection of the dreamed events, but I’m certain it was a dream. I can not say whether this dream was a wandering of my mind or whether I was being imbibed by the heavens and nature as the Algonquin believe. I have to lean towards the Algonquin concept of dreams being given rather than created. I say this because the last thing I remember is the stars disappearing in the sky and I have to wonder what the winds ushered in their place.

No comments: