Sunday, December 9, 2007

Life After College

By Stephanie Snyder

I am finishing up the last Fall semester of my time here at Christopher Newport. It is a scary but exciting time in life. I keep thinking about how I have one more semester until I enter full adult-hood.

It’s a funny feeling. I always thought that I would know exactly what I wanted to do and that I would have everything all figured out by the time I was a senior in college. Boy, I have never been more wrong.

I find this time in my life to be the most spiritually challenging. I feel I have never been so reliant on God. My faith is being put to the ultimate test: Do I really trust God with my future, the unknown?

The hardest thing to do is to completely surrender my expectations and ideas of what is SUPPOSED to be after graduation. I am beginning to realize that God is the God of the impossible and that if I dream big dreams given to me by Him, regardless of how outlandish they may seem, I should not believe that they cannot happen.

I am beginning to dream beyond the ordinary. I do not desire the 9-5 office job with salary and security. I want to travel, to meet people, to venture out into the world and love people and experience God through the different cultures and lands He has created. I want to take risks.

It’s funny how you realize you are never fully prepared. I can only trust that my time here has taught me enough to help me take my next step into life after college.

No comments: