Sunday, December 9, 2007

Term Paper Topic by Nick Clarke

The topic of my term paper is the human sacrifice rituals performed by the Aztec tribe in early MesoAmerica. The idea to use this as my topic came while reading Original Visions when I came upon the segment that discusses the Aztec religion. In this section there is a short description of the ceremonies preformed by these people and some details about the vast amount of human sacrifices that were actually performed. Having visited Mexico and specifically the area in which the Aztecs had lived made this topic all the more interesting to me because I have actually seen the ruins of where these brutal sacrifices were done and ever since going there it had been something I was perplexed by. During my research being able to tie in first hand experiences to what I was reading helped me grasp the concepts I was finding and probably was the reason the topic stood out to me in the first place.

No comments: