Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blog #6--Lost-- Jessica Moore

The discussion we had on "lost" this semester was very interesting to me and whenever I hear the word lost or think about being lost, I am reminded of our discussion. Some things I wrote down on my paper were "something that is unknown, not seen or undiscovered. There is mystery or lack of explanation to the whereabouts or meaning of something or an object. To lose someone by death, to lose your keys, or to lose a child at an amusement park." Some connotations of lost we decided as a class were confused, darkness, fear, stress, anxiety, death, separation, aimless, moral deviance, loss of control, disoriented, and lonely. The word lost really makes me think though. If one isn't lost, what are they? In life, there is always some bit of confusion, misunderstanding, and unknowing. And is one really lost if no one is looking for them? And, how do you know when you are lost? Do you realize you are lost when you finally decide "get found" and you've already been lost for 5 years? If you have no family, friends, or home then can someone ever be lost. Having a home is something we decided was needed for someone to be lost. You can't be lost if you have no where get back to. Lost is such a tricky and interesting word, but it is something that I'm sure none of us enjoy.

No comments: