Monday, November 29, 2010

Judgement

Ben Moore-Judgement-
In the chapter concerning missionaries in Bruchko I felt dismayed. In the chapter one missionary decribes a man eating a rat as being a non-believer. I was astonished by this because as a Christian we are not to be a judge, but a carrier of his messege. I believe for this man to judge this man of poverty in this way it makes the missionary look worse off than the man. One time my Dad dressed up as a homeless man and went into his new appointed church. To his amazement the church was unwelcoming to him. He then left the church and came back in as being well dressed and in his robes. Then he asked did you allow a homeless man to walk away from this church? They said yes and he stated that that man might need God in is life, but you as the congregation need him more than that homeless man did. I was the homeless man as he stated and why am I know acceptable. Why do we judge when we are to open minded and openhearted. Have we not failed as a Christian for being a judge instead of the disciple?

No comments: