Tuesday, November 30, 2010

“Drumming” by Brandon Schall

When we went to the park and beat on the drums it was and experience that I had never had before. This was a little bit outside my comfort zone. However, as the class went on, I started to enjoy myself more and more. At the time I did not understand or comprehend what was going on. As I started to look back on the experience I began to feel that the experience was meant for me to learn how to connect with nature and the inner me. Through the ritual I learned to connect with my fellow peers. It was a time to feel free and just enjoy the environment. What made this ritual even more special was the fact that I was with my friends. I got to enjoy something that I had not done in a long time; which was to sit outside and enjoy all nature has to offer and just Be.

No comments: