Tuesday, November 30, 2010

“Special Tree’s” by Brandon Schall

My religion says that Adam and Eve took an apple from a tree, in which they were not supposed to. In other religions trees are also mentioned as special or sacred. This article says that trees have not lost their sacred symbol in the cultures. Trees play a large role in our society to symbolize life or growth or rebirth. They are also important symbols in Japan as well. Trees there represent a symbol of the beauty in that country. Trees provided many valuable things to the people. Some of these things included wood, paper, and oxygen. The reason I decided to write about this specific article is because I believe trees to be a symbol of life. Tree’s provided oxygen to people to be able to live. Every time I see a tree it makes me think about life and this symbol is sacred to me.
http://0-www.jstor.org.read.cnu.edu/stable/1177864

No comments: