Tuesday, November 30, 2010

“Natural Knowledge” by Brandon Schall

As I watched the movie on Tuesday about the Native American Tribes I was shocked at their ability to understand their environment. They moved to different parts of their land to use the resources in their environment. This was interesting to me because I do not have to move from home to home when the seasons change. I do not depend on the environment in order to eat or make my living. This was something new for me to comprehend. The thing that surprised me the most was the way they adapted with technology by using a tractor. This helped them harvest the corn faster. This was crucial to their survival. It amazes me that they instinctively knew when to plant or harvest then move to a new location. I would have no idea how to plant, harvest or when to move to a fresh location. I think people today have lost touch with the environment and we would appreciate our resources more if we had to live off the land. It is sad that we depend too much on technology, and do not enjoy our environment as we should.

No comments: