Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lindsey Pritchett - The Inca Rap

In writing my rough draft of my paper, I experience writer's block and frustration at having to cite sources. Thus, I let loose and wrote a little rap that I could, for obvious reasons, not include in my scholarly, academic paper. Here it is:

Machhhhhuuuu PICCHU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, now gimme a beat homie!

A’ight layin’ it out for you,

it was a city in the mountains, that story never gets old,

and those royal incan homies inlaid all that stone with some GOLD!

they had a temple dedicated to the sun,

and when the rainclouds came, somebody didn’t have fun,

they would sacrifice the innocent in hopes of cloudfree days,

then they would chew some coca and dance through the haze.

They would look at intiwatana, in search for Pleiades,

but when winter came Pachacuti was like OMG CONQUISTADORS PLEASE.

They grew a lot of corn and had a thatched roof, but when the Spaniards came the empire went POOF!

No comments: