Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Ordinary as Mask of the Holy reflection- Meghan Herrity

The Mythic Landscapes: The Ordinary as a Mask of the Holy reading had a real impact on me. The reading says that “In order to shield human beings from the unapproachable light of God’s glory, God always remains hidden, veiled by a mask.” To me this meant that God has the power and gave us the ultimate gift of experiencing his glory through other landscapes or objects. For some this may be seeing the glory of God in the face of their child and for other’s it may be through the remarkable and breath taking landscapes that this world beholds. His creations serve as a make concealing him and revealing his glory. For me the ordinary sunrise serves as a mask of the holy. Knowing that though he has the ultimate power to end the world but everyday I wake up to a sunrise once again and get to live another day in this world, to me this is ordinary that is extraordinary. -November 30th

No comments: