Sunday, November 21, 2010

Homosexuality

Ben Moore-Homosexuality-
Is being a homosexual a sin? This week in my diversity class we touched based on homosexuality and if there was anything in the Bible that stated it was wrong. I was the first to respond yes to the question. There is so much debate as to whether as being"gay" or "lesbian" is a sin. It angers me when people plead that it is socially acceptable and is acceptable by God. I try not to get heated, but when the Bible states as it did on this matter how can one try to change the meaning of that text in the Bible. In 1 Corinthians 6:9 it states that practicing homosexuals among others will not inherit the kingdom of God. So I ask, How can one debate on the meaning of the Bible inregards to homosexuality when it is black and white presented to them in the text?

No comments: