Friday, December 3, 2010

Doggies - Alexandra Brown

This may not seem profound, but I find it pretty profound. For the past 15 or so years of my life, I have been terrified of dogs. I had a really horrible experience when I was a child. I decided to go play out in the backyard by myself. We had this little kitchenette set over by the tree that we shared with out neighbors. Well, unfortunately for me, their dog was chained to the tree. And while I was playing, he decided to run around the tree, pinning me to it. And since I was a small child, the chain ran across my neck, effectively choking me. I can't even remember how I got out of that situation. The next thing I remember is being in the hospital with my parents and having a really bad sore throat. Needless to say, i've been terrified of dogs since. But, since the beginning of my relationship with Steven, i've been a lot less terrified. Steven's roommate has a dog. The first time I met him...I was so scared. His name is Rusty, and he is quite possibly one the sweetest dogs ever. So for the past 3.5 months, Rusty's been shoved into my life. And he's definitely found a place in my heart. Now, i'm not scared of dogs anymore, and Steven and I even got our own dog recently. I thought that I would terrified of dogs for forever. No matter how much I tried, or how many times I put myself into situations where I knew i'd be scared, I couldn't get over my fear of dogs. And then this one little dog from the VA Beach pound cured me. I don't know what it was about him, but he changed my life.

No comments: