Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving-Meghan Herrity

This Thanksgiving my family, all eight of us went to St. Mary's river to have Thanksgiving with my father's family. My uncle's house where we had dinner, is build on a lot of land with a lot of woods. It was late afternoon and the adults were cooking dinner, so the kids(yes even at my age I am still a kid) went outside to play hide in go seek in the woods. We had played a few rounds and then as the sun began to go down we played our last round. After everyone was found we began to walk back up to the house, when we realized.....that my 10 year old brother was still hiding. We panicked it was almost dark and had no clue where he was. We all went out in separate directions searching for him. After about 5 minutes of searching I realized that I didn't know which direction I had come from and that it was dark. I was in complete and totally solitude, alone, in the dark woods. I for a moment panicked, then I heard voices and followed them. I made my way safety back to find my whole family including my brother. This experience though terrifying gave me insight to how some of the hikers on these trail must feel at times, hiking there own hikes, alone at times, the unknown. It is terrifying, and heart-racing at the same time. Hiking=adrenaline rush

No comments: