Friday, December 3, 2010

Paige Lussier - Shopaholic

Or more appropriately, a shoe-aholic. I'll admit I have a slight problem buying shoes. I don't even wear half of them, but when I see a cute pair of shoes I can't help but think of all the times I MIGHT wear them and I just HAVE to buy them. I guess most girls are considered shopaholics. I myself have used the excuse of "retail therapy" as an excuse to buy something new. However, I think there is something valid in this statement. We are a society that is based on appearence, whether we like it or not. We are constantly judged on our looks and continue to judge others. So it makes sense to me that if you're feeling a little down, you would go out and buy something that made you feel pretty. I particularly have this problem when it comes to guys, as I think most girls do. When rejected, you instantly think you aren't good enough for him or anyone else. So of course going out and buying something that makes you feel good, makes you feel sexy or pretty, is instantly going to brighten your mood. Although it is not permanent, it is a temporary fix and I approve of it.

No comments: