Friday, December 10, 2010

Martin Bretzin #7

The circle drum made accessing the state of mind "flow" an immediate inevitability. When I say the word, inevitability, I do not mean it in a negative sense, however, it felt impossible for the participants in the drum circle, according to their reactions, not to have experienced this state. After various points in the drum circle's events, it looked obvious that nearly and possibly everyone there was experiencing some sensation described as "absolutely fun" or completely connected with one another. The connection was interesting, while there was a feeling of being connected to each other, it felt less personal or intimate. It felt more like our actions were connected to each other, rather than each of us directly and intimating developing any real connections. I found this to be the only downside to the experience. However, if these events were to occur more frequently with the same people, it may be possibly to develop real connections with others rather than just their actions. In retrospect to other instances in my life where I experienced flow, I find that in all of these cases, I may have attributed more positive attitudes towards my peers, I don't think the connection caused any revelation of social intimacy, just an action and consequence-based comradeship.

No comments: