Friday, December 10, 2010

Martin Bretzin #4

Poor study habits have me vexed. I find that alllll throughout this semester, I have shown very few instances of academic responsibility. Additionally, I have shown very little behavior-based interest in proper monetary budgeting, physical health maintenance and general self-control. I've yet to discover as to whether or not these problems are self-sustaining, through "downward spiral" cognitive esteem-based processes, a result of traumatic event(s), "just a phase" or just the new sort of person I am growing to be. These questions most likely cannot be answered, but the behaviors are a definite cause of concern. I have (hopefully)one semester left at CNU and would like to end on a good note. If the pattern that's developed continues to 2011, life may become problematic. In order to start to potentially change this new trend, I've started by pooling from ideas in class to help form better relationships with friends. In that, I'm referencing the "I thou" discussion, in order to develop more reciprocal relationships with my peers. I hope that in doing this, I will gain the benefit of having a strong social network of peers who can get on my case for making poor life decisions, or not making decisions at all. This will be a start...

No comments: