Friday, December 10, 2010

Martin Bretzin #11

Local ecosystems perplex me when I study ancient tribes. I understand that many people used their local environments to form their habitats. I don't know whether this practice was done for its convenience, or if a special relationship truly did develop between the individuals and their environments. I look at evidence, showing that some people traveled very far distances with encumbering materials in order to build/maintain their habitats. These practices are obviously not immediately convenient and must serve some specific purpose. However, I cannot say whether this purpose was to develop stronger ties with their particular resources, or whether it was done to serve primarily some utility of the resources themselves. In order to find out more about this, my best bet is to read more about this topic, and to be perfectly honest, this topic is difficult for me to get absorbed in.

No comments: