Friday, December 3, 2010

Paige Lussier - Drum Circle

I was a little skeptical at first of the drum circle we did as a class. First, it was cold. Then, it was cold and we had to take our shoes off. It wasn't exactly what I had been looking forward to that day, however the experience was a lot cooler than I anticipated. Although I didn't understand the going around in a circle three times before being able to enter or exist, I thought it was neat that someone believed so heartedly in the energy of the group and what we could bring to it. I didn't think we exactly sounded good, but it was still pretty neat to be allowed to just do our own thing, and when the sound did all come together and actually sounded good, I thought it was pretty surprising. Overall it was a great experience and I'm really glad I was able to be a part of it.

No comments: