Friday, December 3, 2010

Technology - Alexandra Brown

Technology today has gotten out of control. Okay...it's great for us sometimes. I mean, certain inventions (such as the refrigerator) are awesome! But then you have things like "wireless chargers". I heard about this new invention that allows you to slip a cover on any electronic device (cell phones, ipods, etc.), and then this pad would charge up the battery. Obviously the battery needs to be rechargeable...but whatever happened to good old power cords? It's not that difficult to find an outlet and plug it in. I think society has gotten so lazy that they want to be able to just put their phone or ipod down and not have to think about the complications of finding an outlet. What does that say about us? We're even lucky we have communication abilities that don't involve running to the next village with a verbal message. And texting...it's great sometimes, but really. Some people take it way too far. I've had times where i've received a text, but instead of texting back, I call them because the answer required a little more explanation than can be put in a text. And what happens? They don't pick up. Then they text me back (as soon as I hang up), "What's up?" Seriously?!?! Why can't they just pick up the phone? Anyway, my entire point here is that technology is awesome, but it can be taken to a whole new level that is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

No comments: