Friday, December 3, 2010

Nolan Trail – Brian Dessimoz


This was my first time going on the Noland trail, despite this being my second year here at CNU. It was a warm day with a cool breeze, a perfect day for heading out on the trail. It offered me a time to get familiar with the nature that surrounds this campus that I have been missing out on. Although it was but a short distance away and not to long of a walk I was able to regain a glimpse of what it means to be in touch with nature. This walk reminded me of the times I would go camping in my youth as part of the Boy Scouts of America, especially of the time where I backpacked along the Shenandoah canal. The waters of Lake Maury were calm, sitting underneath the clear skies. The fall leaves gave off a warm glow, reflected in the still water. I saw a crane soaring just above the water, its wings almost grazing the surface. It was a peaceful scene to start off the hike. The trail was winding along the lake and provided for a varying difficulty in terrain. The light whispered through the high canopy. The trail danced wildly along the sporadic trail, against the waters edge. The suns heat pounded down on me, time was tight. I unfortunately had to end my travels on the trail to go to my economics class, and was left yearning for a blissful journey along the trail, free of worries.

No comments: