Saturday, December 11, 2010

Elizabeth Dean- Outside Reading Reflection

Upon doing research for my paper, I came across an article on a website about herbology, and different healing practices among Native Americans, anmd nonliterate traditions. I am intrigued by their pracrtices, because their healing practices are soo much cimpler than ours, and ;less complicated but seem to be just as, if not more effective. I think we again, have become overcome with modern technology, and higher education that we lose track of simple, heakling practices that could be present in our lives. Native AMericnas put a big emhpasis on religious healing, and perofrm rituals calling on higher powers to heal the sick. Sometimes, I think if we were to move away from technology and modern medicine we could be just as well off.

No comments: