Wednesday, December 8, 2010

procrastination- Corey Maiden

Why do people procrastinate? The act of putting an undesirable activity off until the last possible moment is the art of procrastination. I guess that each person has their own reasons but how did this come to be a relatively common human behavior? One would think that the people who procrastinate would have a distinct disadvantage in natural selection, and yet it seems that more people procrastinate each year. Exam week at any college is a great time to see the magnitude of this epidemic. I have not slept in 2 days because I have put off so much work until the end of the semester and now I am wondering why I ever thought that it was the best way to handle things. I think that if I could change one thing about myself it would be my overwhelming urge to procrastinate. But I guess I can’t really help it, after all it is human nature.